Windows AC Versus Split AC: Which One Is Better?
Every homeowner knows how important maintaining and choosing appliances and gadgets can be.
It is very crucial that you consider every decision wisely so that you can avoid any possible problems in the future. One appliance that you must think carefully before buying is an air conditioner.
There are a lot of things you must know and consider before buying. One must know that there are two kinds of air conditioners, the window air conditioner
The question now is, what kind of air conditioner are you going to choose for your home or building? Each specific type of air conditioner has different features and other specialties.
You must know each air conditioner before hand to know what kind you need for your home or building. This article will delve into air conditioners and two of their types – the split air conditioner and the window air conditioner, how do a central air conditioner work, and other relevant information regarding air conditioners.
How does a central air conditioner work?
Closeup view about using some appliance such as air condition.
A common central air conditioner cools with an outdoor compressor and a condenser coil which is all connected to an indoor furnace with an evaporator coil. A central air conditioning system composes a
- An outdoor unit which is composed of a condenser coil, compressor, electrical components, and a fan.
- An evaporator coil which is typically installed at the top of a gas furnace inside the home
- The thermostat or the control system to set your desired temperature
- A series of pipes, a refrigerant, and refrigeration lines which connects the inside and outside equipment
Window air conditioner vs. split air conditioner
Before we look into the differences of each air conditioner, it is best to define them first.
- A window air conditioner sometimes called as a room air conditioner is designed for a single room. It is preferred by most families and homeowners because of its easy installation since a central air conditioning system is not a practical choice for a single room but rather for a whole house.
- A split air conditioner consists of two main parts: the indoor unit and the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit is placed or installed near the wall on the outside of the room or space that you wish to cool. The indoor unit houses the compressor, the expansion coil or capillary tubing, and the condenser coil.
Whatever space or room you want to be
A window air conditioner, on the other hand, is easier to install and uninstall so it is recommended if you are only staying
When it comes to power efficiency and pricing, split air conditioners will be more costly than the window air conditioner by 10 to 20 percent with the same efficiency and capacity. Newer and more innovative technology
(Click here to read more about Maintaining Your Air Conditioner)
Here are some other factors that you might want to look into before buying and choosing an air conditioner:
- Different measurement of spaces can affect your choice of
airconditioner. Make sure that the air conditioner you are using is appropriate for your room space.
- Ease of Installation. Some air conditioners are easier to install than others.
- Design and Aesthetic. If you want your air conditioner to be aesthetically pleasing to look at, make sure to check every air conditioner that is available in your area.
- Electricity Consumption. Some air conditioners consume more electricity than others. Be aware of the electric consumption each air conditioner has.
- Air conditioners vary in durability. Some are really expensive but will not last you for a long time.
For more information, or to schedule a professional HVAC inspection, click here.