The History of Eichler Homes
If you own an Eichler home in the South Bay, and you need to install a new heating and cooling system, Ventwerx can provide a heating and cooling solution that retains the beauty of your home.
Joseph Eichler was an architect and real estate developer inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright’s ideas of “bringing the outside in”. His Eichler homes utilized open-room designs, windows that extended floor to ceiling, glass transoms, outside courtyards, atria, and walk-out patios. Eichler’s Sunnyvale Building Company designed and built the first Eichler home in 1949. Between 1949 and 1972, Eichler bult over 11,000 homes in Northern and Southern California, with the majority of these being built in the Bay Area. The distinctive Eichler style is sometimes known as post-WWII modern, or mid-century modern residential architecture.
A Radiant Heat Alternative: Ductless Heating
The ideal solution is ductless heating and cooling. Ductless HVAC systems function as heat pumps, which move heat energy from one environment to another. Instead of relying on large, unsightly ductwork to move forced air, ductless heating and cooling uses a more streamlined method. This system is easy to install and it will not alter the original structural make-up of your home.
With ductless HVAC, a three to four-inch hole in the wall is used to for the conduit connecting the indoor evaporator units and outdoor condenser units. Different rooms have air handling units mounted inconspicuously on the wall to provide heated or cooled air to different rooms, or “zones”.
Refrigerant is cycled through the lines within the conduit from the outdoor condensing unit to the indoor unit, where the air is quietly distributed to the interior space.
Ductless Mini-Splits for Eichler Homes
If you own an Eichler home, why should you choose Ventwerx HVAC to install your mini-split heating and cooling system?
Simply put, our team has more experience installing ductless mini-splits in Eichler homes than any other South Bay HVAC company.
Our key team members have been together for well over ten years. We’ve established tight working relationships with roofing and electrical companies here in San Jose, Sunnyvale, and San Mateo. Our HVAC team has an established process for installing your mini-split AC system, without damaging your roof, your electrical, or any other aspect of your Eichler home.
We’ve been a member of the Eichler network for many years, and we’re a preferred HVAC contractor for Eichler homes. These are compelling reasons why Ventwerx HVAC is the premier choice for ductless mini-split installation in Bay Area Eichler homes.
Benefits Provided By Mini Split Systems
- Energy-efficiency. Since it uses ductless technology, energy loss is reduced for areas of the home that do not have ducts installed. With a mini-split system, air conditioning is only provided in areas of the house occupied by people. It’s important to mention as well that because it’s an energy-efficient option, opting for a mini-split system can make you eligible for rebates.
- Temperature-control. With the inverter technology of this ductless AC, the compressor only runs as fast as needed in order to handle the cooling or heating requirement of room the unit is installed in. This means that the system reaches the desired temperature quickly, and maintains the ideal interior climate efficiently.
- Environment-friendliness. Lower energy consumption means a reduced carbon footprint.
- Healthier air quality. With little or no ductwork means less mold or dust. A mini-split system has more air changes over the coil than central air conditioning; therefore, it filters out dust, bacteria, pollen and other allergens so much better. This is an ideal advantage if you have family members with respiratory issues; you can be certain that they’re always breathing in “healthy” air at home.
- Longer functional lifespan. The best Ductless Heating and Cooling mini-split systems on the market come with a filter that powerfully deodorizes air, decomposes absorbed odors, and reduces the effects of ions. The filter lasts for up to three years if properly and regularly washed.
- Easier and cheaper maintenance. Cleaning and replacements of certain parts are easier, faster and more affordable with this ductless system.
- Space-efficiency. You can use the “inaccessible” area connecting the wall and the ceiling for installation, which will put the system completely out of the way. You won’t need to alter the interior design or décor of your home just to accommodate the installation of this system.
Eichler Home HVAC in Sunnyvale,
San Jose, and San Mateo
Ventwerx HVAC has extensive experience installing ductless HVAC in Eichler homes in the Sunnyvale, San Jose, and San Mateo area.
Enjoy infinite comfort with mini-split and ductless HVAC from Ventwerx. Quiet and energy efficient, mini-splits can be installed in that out-of-the-way place while cooling and heating one room—or multiple zones in your home. Ventwerx is a Fujitsu premium dealer.
Call us today at (408) 422-2987 for a free in-home consultation.