Ducted or Ductless Heating and Cooling? There are two kinds of heating and cooling systems: you have ducted and ductless. Ducted is for centralized air conditioning while ductless systems are those individual indoor devices installed in rooms that you easily turn on and off as you wish.
“Between the two kinds, energy-savers usually go for the latter because of the advantages they provide.”
Rounded up below are the eight advantages you can get from ductless heating and cooling systems:
1. Faster installation. HVAC specialists can have them up and working after your purchase of the units. All that’s needed for installation are mounting capabilities and access to electricity, regardless of whether you have a window unit or a split type.
2. There more options to choose from in terms of design, power, and energy-efficiency. It will be much easier to control the temperature in rooms when you use a ductless HVAC system – you don’t get this flexibility with central HVAC systems because they disperse the same temperature of conditioned air all throughout the house.
3. They’re much easier to clean and maintain. Staying on top of maintenance is a breeze with a ductless system because it’s right within reach. You can regularly inspect the filters to see if they should already be cleaned or replaced.
4. Ductless heating and cooling systems are also easier to install to home additions or new constructions.
5. They’re cheaper to buy; window units are actually quite affordable.
6. They can save you money. Since these systems only cool or heat the places being used by people, you don’t waste energy from cooling or heating areas in the building that don’t even have anybody in them. Making the switch to ductless HVAC will provide you better control over your energy consumption. It’s worth noting as well that apart from allowing you to save money on utilities, you may also be eligible for tax credits or utility rebates for the year if you install a ductless HVAC system because there are many programs intended for homeowners and businesses to take advantage of for additional savings.
7. You can enjoy better air quality. Ductless systems boast of more advanced technology than central AC, especially when it comes to providing the best indoor air quality. Current models offer multi-stage filtration that can drastically reduce dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other particulates in the air.
8. Finally, you reduce your carbon footprint because ductless systems are more energy-efficient. You get to do your part in helping the environment.
If you are interested in starting your Ductless Heating and Cooling project then click here for a free estimate!